Black and White Bean Turkey Chili

This chili has a little bit of kick to it, but not too bad. My boys, ages 3 and 4, both gobbled it up (and they normally just complain about things with beans).  



INGREDIENTS:
1 lb ground Turkey
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 cans Great Northern Beans (drained, not rinsed)
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
8 oz garlic chili pepper cheddar cheese, cubed
1 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup medium salsa
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
4oz can diced green chilis 

DIRECTIONS:
Cook onion and turkey in skillet until browned.
Put rest of ingredients in a large pot. Add meat & onion when they ready. Simmer over low heat 25-30 minutes.

NOTES:
I intended to use jalapeno cheddar cheese but, as usual, the commissary caused me to changed my plans. The chili was still delicious but any sort of cheese with spice would be good too, I think. I have never seen this cheese any where else (although, I admittedly have never looked, so maybe its more common than I realize.)

No comments:

Post a Comment