Cheeseburger Pie

I think I prefer this stuff over actual cheeseburgers.


INGREDIENTS:
1 pound ground beef
2 cans crescent rolls
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped dill pickles
2 Tablespoons ketchup
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
2 Tablespoons flour
3 Tablespoons dill pickle juice
2 Tablespoons milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

DIRECTIONS:
Brown ground beef along with onion and chopped pickle. Mix in ketchup and mustard.
Add flour, pickle juice, and milk. Mix well and let simmer for a few minutes.
Remove from heat and add 1 cup of the cheese.
Spread 1 can of the crescent rolls into bottom and up the sides of a pie pan. Pinch the seams together. (I took some apart and spread them out along the sides to make them fit better. Doesn't have to be perfect!)


Spread meat mixture evenly on top of crust.
Top with more crescent rolls, pinching the sides shut. (I only used 5 of the rolls for the top and just baked the remaining to eat with supper).


Bake @375 for 15 minutes. Top with remaining cheese and cook another couple minutes, until cheese is melted.


Serve with desired toppings. I took the picture before I added anything, but I ate it with more mustard on top and it was delicious!  Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. my kids would LOVE this!!
    I bet the dill pickle juice adds a great flavor too.

    ReplyDelete