Crockpot Tortellini Sausage and Spinach

I feel like I say it often (mostly because I DO say it often!), but this is one of my favorite meals! Easy to make, not many ingredients, and super yummy, even as leftovers. We like it served with garlic bread, so that we can use the bread to mop up the sauce in the bottom of the bowl :)

You can also use refrigerated tortellini if you want, just don't add it in until the last 20 minutes or so, otherwise it will be overcooked.


INGREDIENTS:
1 lb ground sausage
19 oz bag frozen cheese Tortellini
Baby Spinach (I used just over half of a 6 oz bag, but I think it would be good with the whole thing too)
2 14.5oz cans Italian style diced tomatoes (do not drain)
8 oz cream cheese, cut up
3 cups chicken broth
Garlic Powder (I didn't measure, just sprinkled over the top)
Parmesan Cheese for topping (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
Brown the sausage, drain the grease.
Put all ingredients in the crockpot.


 Cook on low for about 5 hours, stirring once in the middle so the melted cream cheese blends in.


Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese, if desired, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment